Friday, February 27, 2009

This is what happens at mid-night

Last night I was thinking (I do this quite often and very effectively, so please keep cheeky comments to yourself) and one thought struck me as particularly interesting.

People synchronize themselves with the other people they come in contact with. The way they talk or move. Phrases they use. Hand gestures, sitting posture. Any number of things.

Have you ever noticed that when two people are in a deep conversation with each other, they start to move the same way at around the same time. One takes a drink of water, and the other one (unknowingly) takes one as well. Legs cross and uncross together. Hands start to do the same actions. Facial expressions become similar. I noticed that I have even started blinking like the other person.

What about Super Heroes and their Arch-nemesi?

1 comment:

Megan Peterson said...

I believe this explains a lot about roommates. :D And it really helps with eye conversation. We just know what we're thinking!!!