Monday, February 23, 2009

Logically Emotional

It is rather interesting how I deal with situations. Well, any girl for that matter.

When my feelings get hurt for some really retarded reason, I am all too aware that the reason is retarded. I know logically what is happening and that it is silly, but emotionally, I can't stop being upset.

Have you ever tried being two people at the same time? If so, please seek help. In all seriousness, being a girl with hurt feelings is probably the closest anyone is going to come to that experience.

One me knows that it is silly. The other me screams "SHUT-UP!!!!", hates that first me for pointing it out, and holds on all the stronger to the irrational emotion. Civil war ensues.

Eventually the logic wins, but just like the North against the South, it is a miracle.

A common conversation between two friends: one has hurt feelings, and the other is the lucky duck who gets to listen (you know who you are).

Hurt Girl- "I hate so-and-so! I can't believe she/he did that! Worst thing in the world!"
Lucky Duck- nods head in agreement
HG- "I know it isn't that big a deal."
LD- nods in agreement with that phrase as well
HG- "But, oh how I want to just pound so-and-so into the pavement."
LD- again, nods head
HG- "I know I won't feel this way forever and I am going to be so embarrassed and ashamed with myself when I get over it, and I feel really bad about talking so meanly, but I really hate so-and-so, and she/he is a jerk."
LD- "I know."

Females are torn creatures. I do not know how we deal with it, but we do. I suppose that is why we are so interesting to the male part of the species...or why we are so confusing and frustrating (but I like to look on the positive side).

No comments: