I woke up today at 4:14 AM. The real clincher: I went to bed around 1 AM. I tried to go back to sleep, but to no avail. So it is now 6:25 AM, and I am on the internet because there is nothing else to do.
Well, to use my time wisely, I have decided to rant. And it is mostly going to be about one thing in particular (because tired brains do not do well multitasking), and that is curfew.
I am not ranting about curfew and how I hate it, on the contrary, I love it. I think it is the best thing to happen to a college. No, this is all about people (or persons) who do not view it as important.
To even put in an application, a perspective student has to sign a statement saying that they will obey all the rules that the college has, and that they understand consequences will follow if they are broken.
Harsh? No. It is a small private school that has standards. There are hundreds of people that have to be turned down, and all of those rejected people would be willing to follow the rules that this college has laid down.
This rant is brought on by the fact that I have a roommate that no longer thinks the rules apply to her. She used to. She was really good, and that was before she was even accepted. "Is this (university name withheld) approved?" "Should we be watching this?" "I don't think that this is a good thing" and so forth. But now that she is an accepted student, and that has all gone to pot.
One night her friend was having a really tough night, so we let her be late with that excuse. And then there was another generally excused night when she slept over at a friends house. Once or twice breaking curfew, fine, whatever. But no, it has been every night for the past month, and I do not mean just the past 18 days.
It has gotten to the point where I am about to take things to a higher authority. If she does not quit, I am going to have to tell our manager (landlady). It will be out of my hands, and our landlady can handle it however she feels is necessary.
There is no excuse for what my roommate has been doing; she is not sinning in ignorance. I have told her, and I am going to tell her again (this time with the consequences clearly stated).
She is blessed to be able to attend this university, and if she is not willing to keep to the standards that she said she would, she has no right being here, taking the place of someone who would.
No comments:
Post a Comment