I need a muse.
How do I go about obtaining one though?
Maybe, if I poured some creative juices on a trap that would then spring when the muse came to cultivate it I would be able to...no, a captive muse would never help me in my endeavors.
I could make a bargain with it: I give it something for its guidance and inspiration. But, what would a muse want that I could offer...I'm NOT gonna sell my SOULl!
First-born children are supposedly a hot commodity. But is it really fair to bargain someone's existence without their previous permission? Besides, what I love my first-born? What?! It could happen!
I suppose I could borrow one (muse, not first-born). Unfortunately, I think muse's are tailor-made for their specific inspiree.
Man, I'm in a pickle. I need a muse, but apparently, I need one to be able to figure out a way to get one. PARADOXES! YOU'RE KILLING ME!
(Stops, eyes widen with a frightening new understanding, and then blinks) Oh goodness...if you're telling me that one of my muses' is Paradox, I'm gonna to go insane...but then again, Insanity is said to be a pretty good muse.
1 comment:
I, myself, prefer Insanity, such a good reliable muse. It doesn't require much effort as opposed to Paradox who is frighteningly complex and requires some semblance of imagined order that it can completely ignore. Confused yet? I am.
Now, where was I? *looks at map "you are here"* Ah yes, muses. They are everywhere and anywhere, one must simply look.
They can be the raisins screaming on your breakfast spoon begging not to die. They have wives! And little raisinets! At this point you either A.) Question your sanity because, let's be serious for a moment, RAISINS are TALKING to you and lying about having families. B.) Swipe them off your spoon and turn them into earrings so your new found muses can whisper creative sweet nothings to you the whole day long. C.) Down those little suckers and keep looking for something less annoying or more interesting. Like the spider who is singing something from "The Magic Flute" and has delusions of grandeur.
Or there is always myself. I serve as quite an interesting muse, but most find me too opinionated, snobby, and many other delicious adjectives that cannot be mentioned at this point and time.
I wish you luck in finding your Muse of choice. Just a warning, they multiply like rabbits, even when you just bring one home to roost. Oh, and be ready kiss your peace of mind goodbye!
Post a Comment