Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It happened...again

Timing is very interesting.

"It doesn't rain, it pours" is probably one of my favorite sayings. There is no such thing as a little sprinkle. But that is probably because it is too small to notice...or I just refuse to.

Maybe, because a single event is isolated, it does not stand out.

Take for instance, falling up stairs. I do it quite frequently (it being easier than falling down stairs), but I only really notice that it happens when it occurs more than once in a short amount of time. There are many times, I am sure, that I have fallen up the stairs going to class, only I don't remember because I did not trip again soon after.

Or, getting bruises. I don't know how many times I have forgotten where a random bruise has come from. But on a clumsy day, I remember each and every incident that resulted in slight internal bleeding.

The isolation theory might explain a lot, but I am not sure what. It might be one of those ideas that needs to fester for a while (that imagery was a little disconcerting...how about, has to be mulled over a little or simmer a bit).

Anyway.

All I know is that the explanations will come to full fruition. As it so happens, that fruition will probably come into being only when the other ideas that have needed to ripen do.

Timing isn't just interesting, it's everything.

No comments: