Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Missing Spoon Foundation: Help Us Return Every Missing Spoon

Our apartment started out with a decent amount of spoons. Enough, anyway, so I wouldn't have to wash a spoon every time I wanted one. Recently though, there has been a rise on spoon disappearances.

I have a theory as to why this is happening...and it is a good one.

Our refrigerator is a portal to another dimension. (This explains the weird noises and the random gross looking food in the back) This fridge is new; we just got it because our other one died on us. At about the time of the new fridge, our spoons started becoming scarcer.

Every night, when everyone is gone to bed, the portal opens letting in a host of creatures. These creatures scour the kitchen (I wish they were cleaning, but no, this is the searching version of the word). Nothing catches their fancy...that is, nothing except their reflections in the spoons. Once one catches the view of its hideous face it cannot look away. It is afraid that if it looks away first, the thing looking back at it will attack. The creature is caught in an impossible snare, it lives the rest of its life staring at its reflection.

When it is time for the tenants of the apartment to wake-up, the portal starts to close and all the creatures return to their dimension. Everything is back to the way it was... minus a spoon or two.

This theory is the best I have. Nothing else seems to make sense. Spoons don't just disappear unless some creature from another dimension takes them. What else can explain this phenomenon?

1 comment:

Megan Peterson said...

I think I'm in agreement with you concerning our missing flatware. Though, I do believe that the dreaded Goblin King, Jareth, is expanding his daycare to include not only infants but spoons. That or his little minions are acting of their own volition. Either way, I'm not going through the labyrinth for cheap silverware.