Thursday, April 02, 2009

Spring

I believe Spring is just a rural legend. I believe at one point it was truth, but now it is just a myth, a story told to children so that they are good. "If you are good and do all the chores I tell you to do, the nature fairies will come and make beautiful weather so you can play outside."

Of course, that is an all out lie. Fairies really don't care whether you do your chores or not. But, that is a common misconception, so it is forgivable. The whole premise about "Spring," now that is just uncalled for. Why tease little children with something they will never be able to know and have? Cruel, cruel parents.

We should all be realistic about the situation. Spring is a lie, and Winter is the only truth we shall ever know.

Maybe, if we sacrifice something to some other thing we will be blessed with the mystery that is Spring.

No, I don't think that will work. I have heard tales of Spring, and supposedly it was all about new birth, sacrificing is kinda the anti-thesis of new birth.

I know! We get a phoenix to come down and die in all its flaming glory, and then the phoenix, and the world, will be reborn from the ashes. I like that idea! The only tricky part is finding a phoenix that is nigh unto death. All the really old ones have already been reborn. Maybe I will ask my griffin friend if he knows of any. He has quite the "in" with the phoenixes. I think his cousin is married to one.

3 comments:

Megan Peterson said...

No, see, what parents fail to tell you is that the Spring Fairies are fickle little promiscuous creatures. Thus all that new birth...stuff. Little children just can't handle that version so parents take some creative license and abridge the riveting tale of the coming of this fantastical entity, Spring.

So this year it seems as if the Spring fairies took a liking to the Winter fairies seeing as how the Summer fairies totally jaded them last year.

Winter fairies are NOT complaining, however, they have a tendency to drink. That little habit seems to be rubbing off on our tender Spring fairies that can't hold their liquor.

The truth? Spring is having a one night stand with Winter. But the little darlings are so drunk they can't remember how to count and those that do can't remember the order of the preparations of Spring. Thus the fluctuating between snow and sun.

In short, Spring is knocked up and on a bender and should be back in about the usual nine months.

By the way, did I mention I'm totally lying?

Judes' Diner said...

You are so bad...but, it would explain a lot.

And, if you are saying that you are lying, does that mean that you are lying about lying, or telling the truth about lying? How can I trust you when you tell me that you are lying? AH! You are acting like a spring fairy!

Marie said...

Deep. duuuuude. I just kept picturing the fairy in Fantasia 2000. you know, the one who gets the deer killed? yeah, that one. But then, winter is the devil, or the White Queen from Narnia. Who can you really trust- winter is pure evil, and even the fairies will make sure to get you killed. Probably the worms. They just get eaten by people that aren't liked.