I have tasted freedom, I have lived it, and I have had it taken away.
No, not taken away, I have given it up. I left my freedom behind and went back into my old captivity. How much I want to run away and be free, how much I want to be back to were I was the decider of my own fate, of my own days.
I am stuck and have to wait out the rest of my days of imprisonment with patience. Patience and a little hope. A hope for my future, that it will be better than what I have now, what I know now. Hope that I will be able to give better than what I have been given.
Freedom is making choices and having consequences. My choices are now limited, and I am still paying the consequence of the choice I did make.
Learn a lesson from me- Never, if you can help it, move back in with your parents!
1 comment:
True that! I feel for you, Judith. I love the way you wrote this- very clever. But of course, that's to be expected from such a clever and cute girl, ahem, woman as yourself.
Post a Comment