After a long day at school, I like to go home, relax, and eat food. As I went into my room to drop off the torture devices I have to carry, disguised as books, I saw something out of the corner of my eye.
My room faces the backyard, there should not be anything there, except maybe a few rambunctious children. But there was something there, and it was looking me straight in the face.
It was a lion. Honest to goodness, a lion was lounging in the backyard staring into my window. I don't lie...often, and this is not one of those times. I decided to call him Reginald, because he looked so regal...even while lazying about.
Reginald kept his vigil by my window for a day or so, and then he just disappeared. He took my heart with him.
As it turns out, his name is really Leo, and he belongs to another.
The moral of the story: Don't trust lions that are lying around in the backyard looking into your window, they're no good.
2 comments:
Hmm this sounds like another one of those, " I saw a lion, then realized it was an over-grown domestic cat that was too fat to move" stories. Like garfield. Ah, Garfield was so fat. Remember when we would spend hours some days just lying in your house reading about him? Those were the good days- when lions didn't steal your heart.
True, true, good times, good times...stupid lion.
Post a Comment