Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fickle much?

Yes, definitely.

A solid maybe.

No, I think probably is more appropriate.

Anyway, this is sort of about my last post. The one about Sparkpeople.com.

With my internship I am required to read a book called "Intuitive Eating..." (I didn't want to finish the title, so I didn't)

The book is about letting your body decide when you eat, what you eat, and how often you eat.

By doing this you will start to eat less, and thus your weight will be better controlled.

The focus is on feeling better, not on weight loss. If you exercise, you will feel better. Not, if you exercise you will burn calories.

The dieting mentality that is so permissive in our society needs to be cut out of your life forever. There are no "good" foods, and there are no "bad" foods. There is just food. And when you finally allow yourself to eat whatever you want freely (no guilt) you will begin to learn what you like and do not like.

Forbidden foods have an allure to them. They taste so good because you can't have them. Well, when you can have them anytime and in any quantity, whenever you like, you might learn that you really didn't like them anyway. In the least case, they won't be so seductive and your craving can be filled with just a few instead of a whole package because you know you can always have more.

The book is much better at explaining all of this, "Don't take my word for it..."
The local library should have a copy if you want to check it out. Not to mention, it is not that expensive either.

I am going to become an intuitive eater once more (I was one, and then I started dating my husband, became engaged, and got married). I'm taking back my natural hunger and I am going to feel good while doing it. My body will go back to what it wants.

Yay. The End.

No comments: